HIPAA Compliance Is More Than Just A Risk Assessment
Your clients trust you to take care of their health – and they also trust you to take care of the confidentiality of their protected health information – keeping sensitive data safe against all types of threats that could otherwise lead to disclosure. If you’re not keeping sensitive data safe, you’re not complying with HIPAA requirements, which means you’ll end up riddled in debt due to:
- Costly fines and potential lawsuits
- Unsatisfied patients and reputational damage
- The potential closure of your healthcare organization
Why You Need A Professional Organization To Conduct Your HIPAA Assessment
The average HIPAA violation ranges from $100 to $50,000 – and that fine goes up significantly if it’s proven that you haven’t taken the proper precautions or it’s a repeat offense. Network Heroes helps you maintain HIPAA compliance at all times – making sure to do the following:
- Conduct a thorough assessment to find weak points and vulnerabilities that leave you open to data breaches, and ultimately, non-compliance.
- Implement the appropriate technical safeguards such as anti-virus software, firewalls, web-content filtering, and much more.
- Update policies and procedures to make sure all staff members are following policies and procedures in compliance with HIPAA regulations.
- Keep data/applications backed up onsite and in the cloud for quick recovery whenever disaster strikes.